nanog mailing list archives

Re: Consumer Grade - IPV6 Enabled Router Firewalls.

From: Nathan Ward <nanog () daork net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:48:17 +1300

On 3/12/2009, at 12:44 PM, Wade Peacock wrote:

Matthew Dodd wrote:
Apple has been shipping the Airport Extreme and Express (consumer router) with v6 support since 2007, if I recall correctly. They can also create a 4to6 tunnel automatically.

By 4to6 to you mean IPv4 on the inside and IPv6 on the outside?

He is confused, and means 6to4.

Also the airport extreme does not do DHCPv6-PD or anything (as far as I know, they certainly did not last time I tried), so I don't know that we'd really call them an IPv6 CPE in the way that I suspect Wade means.

--
Nathan Ward