nanog mailing list archives

Re: Sprint / Cogent dispute over?

From: Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 19:00:53 -0800

Martin Hannigan wrote:
On Sun, Nov 2, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Seth Mattinen <sethm () rollernet us> wrote:
Brandon Galbraith wrote:

[ snip ]

I guess, if you like being affected by Cogent's peering spats on a recurring
basis. Are you forgetting this is not the first time?

But according to Sprint, this isn't a peering spat. This is a customer
who didn't pay their bill.

Probably useful to keep that in perspective.

Yeah, I know, but it was a trial arrangement which it turns out Cogent didn't meet requirements for, then didn't want to pony up the cash and pretended it was still settlement free peering. And I am inclined to believe Sprint's side of the story because Cogent likes to do this every so often.

It just amazes me how some people seem to think this is the first time Cogent has done this. It's like they want the horrid operational impact it will have, cry that big bad provider X disconnected them, and people will come to their defense.

~Seth