nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 routing /48s

From: bill fumerola <billf () mu org>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 15:33:09 -0800

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 04:46:08PM -0600, Robert.E.VanOrmer () frb gov wrote:
ARIN claims they are seeing /48s routed, at least in their route tables. I
have seen some new momentum on the allocation of /32's, don't know if that
is in response to rules like this??  Would be awefully difficult for our
organization to come up with the rationale to need 65K /48s internally to
justify a /32.

i can verify this. Verizon refused to route $employer's /44.

any complaints were met with "just because ARIN gives you space doesn't
mean we have to route it".

-- bill