nanog mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] Alcatel

From: Phil Bedard <bedard.phil () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 18:37:51 -0400

I'll chime in and say that the 7450/7750 are very nice boxes.  Their
non-stop routing feature is something that other vendors are barely
starting to support, years after they started doing it.   Now they are
onto features like cross-chassis 802.3ad, etc. that no one else is
doing in a SP router platform.   The 7450 which is priced against
switch-like devices like the C76xx and the JMXxxx is a decent
competitor to those platforms.   The 5260 is actually a decent NMS
which is something I never thought I'd say about a NMS, although the
pricing model isn't very good.

Phil