nanog mailing list archives

US Gvt ipv6 change, associated agencies

From: "Darden, Patrick S." <darden () armc org>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 09:32:44 -0400

I'm looking for documentation on how the US Government IPv6 mandate affects associated agencies--e.g. healthcare
providers, non-profits, or any company that depends on US Gvt. funding, record keeping, or financial reimbursement for
services rendered (e.g. via Medicare).

Over the past 5 years most US Gvt--Assoc. Agencies communications have moved from modem/BBS type systems to Internet
based systems.  With the mandate, IPv4 will still be available, but I would bet it will be less and less supported as
time moves on.  I would like to see what the Gvt. has planned....

I've googled, read FAQs, and looked over the docs at whitehouse.gov without much luck.  Can anyone point me in the
right direction?

--Patrick Darden