nanog mailing list archives

Re: Question on Loosely Synchronized Router Clocks

From: bmanning () vacation karoshi com
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:39:20 +0000

 top posting to keep you alert!

 there are folks who syncronize clocks so that logs make sense.
 and those that do, tend to pick a common TZ...  there is nothing
 like syncronizing logs from routers in Nepal, India, China, and LA
 UTC can be your friend...

 wrt acces to clock source - i'd be happy to have the httpd server
 code pulled out and adding a GPS/802.11 timesource to the platform
 of joy.  of course presuming that a router clock is ammenable to
 an external discipline source.  Many PC's are not...

--bill