nanog mailing list archives

Re: NANOG 40 agenda posted

From: Donald Stahl <don () calis blacksun org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:31:39 -0400 (EDT)

This is useless. Users need to use the same name for both IPv4 and IPv6,
they should not notice it.
It is not useless- I am specificallyt talking about setting it up initially so that technically capable people can use and test the infrastructure without breaking anything for those people on v4 that have misconfigured v6 tunnels and the like (something that is not at all uncommon with Vista). If you just turn on AAAA records for www.google.com right now, lots of people will end up being unable to connect to www.google.com because of a broken tunnel- and right now ISP's are not primed to help their customers fix the problem.

And if there are issues (my experience is not that one), we need to know
them ASAP. Any transition means some pain, but as sooner as we start, sooner
we can sort it out, if required.
Agreed.

-Don