nanog mailing list archives

Re: FBI tells the public to call their ISP for help

From: "Alexander Harrowell" <a.harrowell () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 11:55:55 +0100

On 6/17/07, Frank Bulk <frnkblk () iname com> wrote:

In the 2+ years I have been working for an ISP I'm not aware of one
customer
that has gone over to one of our competitors because we identified and cut
them off for an abuse issue.  Most of them have been very grateful that we
identified a problem and are earnest in resolving it.

I'm pretty sceptical of the notion that it's easier to change ISP than
download a Windows update.  If that's true for your network, perhaps you
should tell us something about your provisioning/billing/CRM arrangements!