nanog mailing list archives

RE: Question on 7.0.0.0/8

From: "Chris L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () verizonbusiness com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 23:17:49 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 15 Apr 2007, Jim Popovitch wrote:

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 22:58 +0100, michael.dillon () bt com wrote:
As a result, most people consider William Leibzon and the Bogon project
to be, collectively, the authoritative source for information on whose
IP address that is. That's because William and the Bogon project, act
authoritative, and take some pains to provide comprehensive data.

I truly want to believe that, and I do appreciate the effort that Willam
and Elan put into this.  That said, I do near-daily diffs between
changes made to
http://completewhois.com/bogons/data/data-bgp-announced/announced_bogon-cidr-all.txt

Here are today's deletions from Friday's list, do bogons really change
that frequently?

 133.1.0.0/16
 133.254.0.0/16
 193.33.178.0/23

NetRange:   133.0.0.0 - 133.255.255.255
CIDR:       133.0.0.0/8
NetName:    JAPAN-INET
NetHandle:  NET-133-0-0-0-1
Parent:
NetType:    Direct Allocation

inetnum:        193.33.178.0 - 193.33.179.255
netname:        NOWIRES-PI
descr:          No Wires Ltd
country:        GB
org:            ORG-NWL1-RIPE
admin-c:        AT4098-RIPE
tech-c:         JC2953-RIPE
status:         ASSIGNED PI

neither of those seem to be bogons... but I could be wrong in some way,
I'm sure.