nanog mailing list archives

Re: Question on 7.0.0.0/8

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian () creative net au>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:20:29 +0800

On Sat, Apr 14, 2007, william(at)elan.net wrote:

If that is the case and they started using it in the days of J Postel
with his permission, then its not a bogon. Conflicting information at
ARIN and especially that their info was updated in 2006 leads me to
believe that's the case. Add to it that I have several copies of old
DoD hosts table and they all list it as "EDN-TEMP", but what it refers
to and if the block should or should not still be in use I don't know.

Unfortunately all of this does not mean you should allow (or deny) traffic
from 7.0.0.0/8, but it also does not mean that if you do see any traffic
that its necessarily unauthorized.

.. you can always check the RIPE BGP announcement history to see whether
its been announced forever or is a recent addition, no? Are they still
running that project?

Adrian