nanog mailing list archives

Re: IPv6 daydreams

From: Paul Jakma <paul () clubi ie>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 06:39:18 +0100 (IST)

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, David Barak wrote:

Wrong issue. What I'm unhappy about is not the size of the address - you'll notice that I didn't say "make the whole address space smaller." What I'm unhappy about is the exceedingly sparse allocation policies

You can allocate to 100% density on the network identifier if you want, right down to /64.

The host identifier simply is indivisible, and just happens to be 64bit.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      paul () clubi ie        paul () jakma org       Key ID: 64A2FF6A
Fortune: