nanog mailing list archives

Re: sorbs.net

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 10:58:00 -0500

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 10:55:13AM -0500, Jason Slagle wrote:
This is the risk you run - this product either had it on by default, or it
was in a list of options to turn on.  End users don't know what it is, and
only know it'll help eliminate spam, and they turn it on.  Then they
generate support load when their email breaks.

Average user, or even sysadmin, doesn't know about dnsbl's.  To state that
you make a concerted effort to use them nowadays may be false.
Spamassassin comes out of the box poking SORBS and adding score if it's in
there.  I turned it off because of questionable listings, but how many
users of SA know how to do that?

This sounds like an excellent sales point for value added mail
processing...

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me