nanog mailing list archives

Re: ATT CDPD

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 15:11:03 -0400

On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 01:38:44AM -0400, Steven J. Sobol wrote:
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Alex Rubenstein wrote:
AMPS, as I understand it, is required to be around until 1/1/2007, as
mandated by tge FCC.

I think the date actually got pushed back to '08, but I've not heard
anything about requiring CDPD.

Sorry; I didn't mean to imply that I thought the FCC was requiring them
to keep or dump CDPD.  What I was trying to get across was that, there
being a large installed base for CDPD, they wouldn't dump it completely
for sometime for a replacement, unless they had to -- and not having to
maintain the associated RF and antennas for AMPS, they would no longer
be able to cost-justify keeping it after AMPS went down.

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me