nanog mailing list archives

Re: ATT CDPD

From: Alex Rubenstein <alex () nac net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 08:34:17 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

AMPS, as I understand it, is required to be around until 1/1/2007, as mandated by tge FCC.

Scheduled to die soon, if it hasn't already.  I was a second-tier CDPD
sub, via Earthlink, until about a year ago; they took a hit to move me
to 1xRTT, because the underlying networks were scheduled to go down, in
keeping with the general decommissioning of analog AMPS, during this
calendar year, as I understand it.

It was extended because of a couple of large PD's who needed more time
to switch (or amortize their gear; take your pick).

--
Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex () nac net, latency, Al Reuben
Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net