nanog mailing list archives

Re: BTW, have I mentioned my "perfect storm hypothesis"?

From: David Meyer <dmm () 1-4-5 net>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:51:06 -0800

[...]
      How many of these are in place today? Well, clearly google
      is building out, so there is potential for (i). to occur
      any day now. Likewise (ii) (linksys gear with 4 tunable
      radios, North-South WiMAX, east west 802.11bag, and
      you're there). Finally, (iii). has an existence proof
      that has all but wiped out the recording industry, plus
      gtalk, skype, vonage, ... So is the telco industry far
      behind?

        A few folks have mentioned that "wiped out" might be too
        strong (which I agree with), and I had changed that to
        "restructuring", but some how that didn't get into the
        note I sent.

        So to those who send those corrections on "wiped out",
        thanks, and I'll update with your suggestions.

        Dave