nanog mailing list archives

Re: MPLS or Site2Site VPN

From: Kim Onnel <karim.adel () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:00:56 +0300

What about doing the VPN onver the internet, with IPSec tunnels
terminated in a hub and spoke model, i dont know price wise, but it
would work fine.

On 8/29/05, Todd Reed <treed () astate edu> wrote:

I'm looking at connecting 15+ multi-state locations together to start
forming a private corporate network.  The sites are small with 25-30
devices.  I want to avoid direct-T1's due to cost, therefore I'm looking for
alternatives.  I know I can do site-to-site VPN, but I've also heard a lot
about MPLS and from what I've read, it may be a good option.  Over the next
year, we will be adding 5-10 more sites, so expansion is important.  I'm not
planning to do voice, but it may be an option in 2-3 years.  If anyone has
any suggestions on their experiences, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Todd