nanog mailing list archives

Re: potpourri (Re: Clearwire May Block VoIP Competitors )

From: "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra () baylink com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:29:33 -0500

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 09:30:19AM -0800, Bill Nash wrote:
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Adi Linden wrote:
If VoIP companies are regulated into providing 911 service, minimum
availability standards, etc is one thing. Forcing anyone that might be
transporting VoIP into becoming a Telco is quite another...

At this point, I think it's simply an argument over the interpretation of
'signalling technology'.

Nope, it's an argument over the *implementation* of 'signallaling
technology'.  Do *you* want to build your network to 5-nines?

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra () baylink com

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me