nanog mailing list archives

Re: Disappointment at DENIC over Poor Rating in .net Procedure

From: Florian Weimer <fw () deneb enyo de>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 13:02:19 +0200

* Bill Woodcock:

      On Thu, 31 Mar 2005, Florian Weimer wrote:
    > Yes, the selection of criteria could be biased.  Or Telcordia compared
    > apples and oranges when it compared Verisign's 100 ms to DENIC's
    > 200 ms (or what the actual numbers where).

Yeah, I was a little curious about the composition of the latency
number as well...  [...] But I'd certainly be curious as to their
actual methodology.

It's described in the report.  Basically, their comparison is based on
the submitted proposals.  Telcordia did conduct site visits, but did
not perform any network measurements.  The latter would have been
impossible anyway because some of the proposed infrastructure does not
exist yet.