nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco moves even more to china.

From: "Ricardo \"Rick\" Gonzalez" <rico.gonzalez () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 10:41:16 -0400

Nicole wrote:
 China is a communist and closed loop society. Thats teh real problem. The
company that claims it "runs the internet" (or some such phrase) is now saying
we prefer communist China than America and American Jobs.

Who are you to say communism's bad if you've never even tried it?

 Btw the best definition I ever heard of trickle down economy was from Bill
Maher who said its like a eufamism for being peed on from above. of Gosh we
have so much money to hold.. some may fall through as we try to hang onto it
all.. so you can have that. Much like scraps for the pet dog.

That's "euphemism".  And to you believe everything the liberal news
media says?  As I recall, this whole thread (which, I might add, is
not in the least bit operational, nor relevent) was started in
response to a sound bite you heard on TV, whcih you were unable to
even provide a proper reference for.

 They don't really buy much from us. What they Have to buy they seem to be
counterfitting or getting cheaply or just plain ol stealing as far as
technology goes.

"Have" should be lower-case.

 Yes, but it will be done by the chineese. You won't see more than a handfull

"Chinese" and "handful," you mean?

of people their. Probobly mostly the execs smiling about their payoff and

"there" is the word you're looking for, not "their"

not busy. But when a company can find a way to cut costs. They will! Becouse we
as Americans are lazy and complacent and most don't even know what's going on in
the world.

Sounds like Cisco's doing something smart.  Maybe it's time to quit
crying and purchase some shares in CSCO.