nanog mailing list archives

Re: Cisco moves even more to china.

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:59:25 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:49:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Nicole <nmh () daemontech com>
To: nanog () nanog org
Subject: Cisco moves even more to china.

 Lovely, Just lovely. Just heard On CNN, Lou Dobbs. (but can't find it on
their site)

 During a Beijing news conference John Chambers (Cisco CEO) Says "We believe
in
giving something back and truly becoming a Chineese company."  "China will
become the IT center or the world" "China will become the largest economy in
the
world."

 CNN Reports: Cisco is investing 32 Million into Changi and is training
10's of thousands of Chineese university students in Cisco technology.

 So.. I guess we will be cranking out those H1b's...Plan to kiss your raises
and or jobs bye bye to some specialized cheap imported Cisco trained
networking
person from China.

Yeah, but don't they already have a company over there that is
producing Cisco stuff?  Or did I mis-read a lawsuit?

 *SIGH*

  Nicole

--
                     |\ __ /|   (`\
                     | o_o  |__  ) )
                    //      \\
  -  nmh () daemontech com  -  Powered by FreeBSD  -
 "The term "daemons" is a Judeo-Christian pejorative.
 Such processes will now be known as "spiritual guides"
  - Politicaly Correct UNIX Page

 Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and
looks like work.
   - Thomas Edison

 "Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems."
   - Linus Torvalds

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks () cadence com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin