nanog mailing list archives

Re: Frame-Relay reliability (was Re: who gets a /32)

From: "Christopher L. Morrow" <christopher.morrow () mci com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 23:01:00 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004, Sean Donelan wrote:

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Christopher L. Morrow wrote:
Yeah right.  That's why Worldcom's frame-relay network was "unusable" for
about 10 days and took out part of the Chicago Board of Trade elecronic
trading system.

and to be fair it might have actually been MCI's network at that time,
with name changes though I'm losing track... not EVERYTHING is worldcom's
fault :)
It was 100% Worldcom.  The old MCI people at the time repeatedly pointed
out that the MCI frame-relay network (also owned by Worldcom at the time)
wasn't effected.

a kind outside poster set me straight about the Frame outage... apparently
everything IS worldcom's fault! :) So, sorry for the confusion.