nanog mailing list archives

RE: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

From: "Vivien M." <vivienm () dyndns org>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 22:32:55 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Suresh Ramasubramanian [mailto:suresh () outblaze com]
Sent: March 14, 2004 10:16 PM
To: Andrew Dorsett
Cc: Vivien M.; 'North American Noise and Off-topic Gripes'
Subject: Re: who offers cheap (personal) 1U colo?

And what is wrong with setting up a hub or something in a
dormroom?  I
find it quite convenient to leave both my PC and a laptop
running on my
desk, for various reasons (too many open terminals and
windows is one of
them ...)

Nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned, but IT departments in
post-secondary institutions seem/seemed to have a problem with it, for some
reason. Perhaps they just figure that two machines means increased potential
for abuse (since presumably two people could use the port simultaneously)?

Vivien

P.S. I do the same thing you do...
--
Vivien M.