nanog mailing list archives

Re: Site Finder

From: "Wayne E. Bouchard" <web () typo org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:06:13 -0700

Yes, I will heartily agree with this. Having this functionality be
triggered by a wildcard in the DNS records is the wrong approach. It's
the application that should be taking care of this

if (NXDOMAIN)
  redirect(preferences->sitefinder_host, url);

If verisigin wants to partner with someone to actually host the
sitefinder site but have some switch integrated into like
IE/Netscape/whatever to use that site, I have no problem with this. It
becomes a choice of the individual user to use it and the rest of us
don't get screwed by something we have no control over.