nanog mailing list archives

Re: The Cidr Report

From: "Stephen J. Wilcox" <steve () telecomplete co uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 17:54:29 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

Stephen J. Wilcox writes on 11/14/2003 7:16 AM:

So anyway, was discussing the cidr report at the last nanog.. I was pointing out
that deaggregation is discouraged by the naming and shaming and then someone
else pointed out that this list has scarcely altered in months.

So, what can we do as the operator community if this report isnt having the
desired effect?

Stop accepting /24 type routes?

Yeah maybe but what about where the RIRs have assigned independent /24 space..
or ISPs have subdelegated the IPs to a multihomed customer, was more thinking
about where a bunch of routes originating from a single ASN can be aggregated
rather than routing bloat in general. There are numerous such examples of people
with eg a /19 announcing 32x /24 etc

Steve