nanog mailing list archives

Re: North America not interested in IP V6

From: Ronald van der Pol <Ronald.vanderPol () rvdp org>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:34:21 +0200

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 12:30:25 -0400, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

I'd be more interested in seeing how many customer connections
are using IPV6.

This question came up in discussions at IETF-57, without a good answer.

I count 728 /48 entries in the RIPE database. These should correspond
to "sites" or customers (a couple of /48s are allocated to IXs).

As some of you may know,
I keep track of various metrics concerning multicast (displayed at
http://www.multicasttech.com/status ).
Does anyone do anything similar for IPv6 ? The only thing I am aware
of is in the I2 netflows, http://netflow.internet2.edu/weekly/ ,
which lately shows < a tenth of a % of Abilene traffic as IPv6.
Is there any more systematic IPv6 measurement work ?

I have been plotting the IPv6 ASNs for some time. These should be the
ISPs running IPv6. See:
http://www.nlnetlabs.nl/ipv6/measurements/index.html

        rvdp