nanog mailing list archives

Re: Simulated disaster exercise? Re: PAIX

From: Steve Feldman <feldman () twincreeks net>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 07:21:46 -0800

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 12:10:43AM -0500, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 10:00:07PM -0500, Sean Donelan wrote:

The usual response was it only affected the public exchange fabric, not
any private point-to-point circuits between providers through the same
facility.

But if we're going to compare this to MAE Gigaswitch failures, shouldn't
we be talking apples to apples and oranges to oranges?

In this case, the MAE was a banana: Worldcom always officially discouraged
private interconnects among colocated routers.
        Steve