nanog mailing list archives

Re: Large ISPs doing NAT?

From: Avleen Vig <lists-nanog () silverwraith com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 20:47:00 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 3 May 2002, Scott Francis wrote:

that is an excellent idea. I know one thing I would LOVE to have is a search
engine that can answer my question, "Where can I find a coffee house
{optionally: with 802.11b} open after midnight during the week in Los
Angeles {optionally: the Valley}?"

No good answers so far ... at least, none that involve driving less than 30
minutes. :)

Ha! I've been in Burbank (in the Valley north of LA) for 7 months now, I
moved here from London. I've looked and looked and looked for *ANYTHING*
other than the odd gas station or supermarket open passed 9pm!

Coming from a place where restaurants are regularly open until 3am, even
far into the suburbs, this is a serious culture shock :-/