nanog mailing list archives

Re: routing table size

From: David Schwartz <davids () webmaster com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 13:51:17 -0700

I've never suggested accepting /25's thru /32's.  I'm wondering if the
people saying I should not de-aggregage my /20 actually practice what they
preach and filter /24's and don't globally announce /24's from their
customers.

-Ralph

        What's wrong with announcing routes from your customers? Even /32s if you
want. Only those people who choose to accept them will be affected by them
and anyone who you have a BGP session with can insist you filter them out.
Treating different situations as if they were the same is not practicing what
you preach.

        DS