nanog mailing list archives

Re: zebra/ospf issue

From: Josh Gentry <jgentry () swcp com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2002 17:54:42 -0700

On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 05:43:41PM -0700, Josh Gentry wrote:

Folks,

I'm experimenting with using Zebra running on a Debian box to do OSPF with
the Ciscos on our network.  The zebra box has 2 interfaces, each in a
different area.  This is the first time we have tried to impliment
multiple areas on our network.  Right now, area 51 consists only of the
zebra box and a Cisco 2500, and is just for testing.

Next question.  Now that the adjacency issue is solved, the router that is
in both area 51 and area 0 is learning routes from area 0, and the other
router in area 51 is then learning those routes in turn.

If I add a route on the area 51 only router, however, that route shows up
on the router in both area 51 and area 0, but does not show up on the
other routers in area 0.  I am using all the redistrute commands I can
find.  I'm baffled at this point.  Any insight would be appreciated.

One more piece of info I should have mentioned is that if I do a "show ip
ospf database" on DR for area 0, the routes from area 51, such as

10.0.0.4        216.184.8.55    217         0x8000006A 0x6644   0

but they don't make it into the routing table.

Josh
jgentry () swcp com