nanog mailing list archives

Re: mail delivery time on nanog-l (was Re: Die thread, DIE!)

From: Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:09:10 -0500

Once upon a time, Brad Knowles <brad.knowles () skynet be> said:
      Show me the headers that demonstrate these delays.  On the
message I am responding to, I see an end-to-end delay of just a few
minutes, and that amount of time could easily be accounted for by
your clock being slightly off from mine.

Well, on the thread in question, my response took 15 minutes to get back
to me (well, 15:06 to be precise).  That is by far the largest RTT for a
list that I've posted to lately (not counting lists with servers down,
etc.).
--
Chris Adams <cmadams () hiwaay net>