nanog mailing list archives

Re: [OT] Microsoft makes networked software 'illegal' on XP.

From: Richard Forno <rforno () infowarrior org>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 13:34:02 -0400

Well, I think new MS XP licensing said something like the Win file/print
sharing can not be used by any GPL software, thus attempting to prevent
Linux et al from sitting on a Win network and using Win network
resources......but I forget where I heard that....maybe it was slashdot.

In MS case, it never hurts to read too much into their legaleese or business
cases.  :)

rf