nanog mailing list archives

Tri-GigE or OC-48 For Milwaukee > Chicago Network

From: "Nick Catalano" <nick () nozone net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:34:45 -0500

Dear List:

We are going to be offering 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet Services to Milwaukee, WI. We are also opening a 15,000 Sq. Foot
Carrier-Neutral Collocation Facility. In order to connect our clients to the public peering exchanges in Chicago do you
think we should install multiple Cisco 12,000 series routers in multiple POPs in Downtown Chicago, and then transport
all of the data back to the Milwaukee Datacenter via Gigabit Ethernet lines (and then connect those gigabit Ethernet
lines into Cisco Switches at the Milwaukee Datacenter) or bring the data back on one redundant OC-48 and have a router
in Milwaukee to break up the OC-48?

Also, Juniper or Cisco for this situation? What would you go with?
Nick Catalano
Chief Strategy Officer
Nozone, Inc

Services from the next generation - Nozone, Inc