nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Re: Digital Island sponsors DoS attempt

From: James Thomason <james () divide org>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:13:58 -0700 (PDT)

The same "permissions" that allow seamless end-to-end connectivity across
the entire Internet.  The same "permissions" you granted to others when
you signed the connectivity agreement.

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001, Jonas Luster wrote:

* Jason Forester sez:

As the message says, this is not an attack of any kind.  It is a system
which collects metrics for our Footprint Content Delivery System.

I am sure, Digital Island gets the necessary permissions from network
owners before hammering them with those requests, right?