nanog mailing list archives

Re: 214/8 and 215/8

From: Joe Provo <joe.provo () rcn com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 09:51:53 -0500

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 11:44:50AM +1000, Philip Smith wrote:
I seem to remember that they were exchanged for 49/8 and 50/8. Seems a
bit odd that this was done, and I'd love to know what the technical or
operational or political advantage was. Maybe the IANA folks can shed
more light?

Obvious immediate advantage: bypass A-space filters. They probably also
have swampy /24s that need visibility as such but couldn't be renumbered
until after having non-A-space.

--
Joe Provo                                            Voice  508.486.7471
Director, Internet Planning & Design                 Fax    508.229.2375