nanog mailing list archives

Re: BT monopoly causes widespread network failure

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 11:17:04 -0500

On Sat, 24 Nov 2001 01:03:41 EST, Terence said:
Had this Telstra tech in my Spring Hill CO a while back, he was splicing
fibre for a Telstra run into the CO.  Merrily tells me how, just
yesterday, he's splicing foc 150km north of Brisbane, and woops, gets the
main run by accident, isolating 1000's of services...

So was the incident more like:

or

"Well, that 'S' in the circuit number *looked* like a 5.  I guess I better
drive back out and fix it, huh?"

;)