nanog mailing list archives

RE: MBone access

From: "Martin, Christian" <cmartin () gnilink net>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:30:49 -0500

One of the things that appears to be a major impediment to large-scale
deployment is the lack of SA transitivity, which is limited by MSDP's RPF
rules.  Therefore, the Internet needs a dense mesh of MSDP peerings to allow
any-to-any connectivity.  As of now, this is not the case.  SSM will fix
this.

regards,
chris

Dear Jared;

I could do this at NANOG 22 if there was any interest. I
presented on SSM last time.

I honestly think that the main barrier is inertia, plus a
lack of strong customer demand
(as in, people calling up and saying "why can't I get
multicast ?"). I think a little
demand would go a long way towards overcoming the inertia.

                                 Regards
                                 Marshall Eubanks

T.M. Eubanks
Multicast Technologies, Inc
10301 Democracy Lane, Suite 410
Fairfax, Virginia 22030
Phone : 703-293-9624
Fax     : 703-293-9609
e-mail : tme () on-the-i com     tme () multicasttech com

http://www.on-the-i.com http://www.buzzwaves.com