nanog mailing list archives

Re: Forcasts, why won't anyone believe them?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 03:26:09 -0500

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:54:40 PST, Peter Bierman <pmb () mac com>  said:
Since I'm plugging the Mac, I might as well also point out that the latest
773MHz G4s use 17 Watts max load. I'm often dissapointed that Apple doesn't
do more to tout the energy efficiency of their hardware.

Hmm.. 17 watts.  Of course, that's just the CPU, but I just noticed that
where I'm working right now is primarily lit by 2 22-watt flourescent lights..

So.. How many of you kill the flourescents in your back-office cubicle
farms during a California-style power crunch? ;)

For that matter - send the  cubicle critters home.  You ever *looked* at
how many watts the average human body outputs? ;)

                                Valdis Kletnieks
                                Operating Systems Analyst
                                Virginia Tech