nanog mailing list archives

Re: reverse Traceroute

From: "Derek J. Balling" <dredd () megacity org>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:19:46 -0800

FYI:

http://net.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/trace.sh

At 3:56 PM -0800 2/27/01, <mdevney () teamsphere com> wrote:
And I have a feeling lots of people have the same problems I do with
letting someone else make money off my resources.

Matthew Devney

Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:59:20 -0500
From: Matt Zimmerman <mdz () csh rit edu>
To: nanog () merit edu
Subject: Re: reverse Traceroute

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 08:34:26AM -0800, Matthew Schlegel wrote:

I agree.  Very cool.  Now we just need to get guys like google and
msn to put a client or two in their web farms so that those of us
with users to deal ("I can't get to MSN, your network is broken")
with can trace to and from their farms directly...

If only it didn't require running untrusted, binary code with superuser
privileges.

--
 - mdz

--
| dredd () megacity org  | "Conan! What is best in life?"          |