nanog mailing list archives

Re: multi-homing fixed

From: Leo Bicknell <bicknell () ufp org>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:42:26 -0400

On Tue, Aug 28, 2001 at 08:56:06AM -0700, Sean M. Doran wrote:
The suitcase nuclear bomb that takes out my facility in one location
is very likely to take out my other facility in the same metro area.
And probably all the customers who would remotely care.

I don't know about the others in this thread, but the suitcase
nuclear bomb is well outside the types of things I worry about
protecting against, and in fact were one to explode I think 'lack
of internet access' would be _WAY_ down on my list of priorities.

Fiber cuts, tech error, and maybe a building fire are of interest
to me.

--
Leo Bicknell - bicknell () ufp org
Systems Engineer - Internetworking Engineer - CCIE 3440