nanog mailing list archives

RE: Code Red 2 cleanup; reporting..

From: <up () 3 am>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:22:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Roeland Meyer wrote:

I admit to knowing very little about Win2k, but on the only box I've
installed Win2k on, it doesn't *appear* to be running:

Port    State       Protocol  Service
135     open        tcp        loc-srv
139     filtered    tcp        netbios-ssn
445     open        tcp        microsoft-ds
1025    open        tcp        list

...unless it runs on one of those 3 other open ports?  This was Win2k
Client, not server, BTW...perhaps you mean every Win2k Server?

Have you installed a Win2K Domain (Active Directory)?

No...this is strictly for a user that needs a more stable and robust
Windoze client than ME or 98 offers...

James Smallacombe                     PlantageNet, Inc. CEO and Janitor
up () 3 am                                                          http://3.am