nanog mailing list archives

Re: o/t: Re: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

From: Roland Dobbins <rdobbins () netmore net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 03:50:22 -0700

What's wrong with being U.S.-centric?  While use of the net is growing
in other countries, the U.S. is still the place where the most traffic
originates/terminates, and since this is the *North American* list, it
stands to reason that issues in the U.S. portion of the system will get
more play here.

No, I don't have any statistics,and I'm too lazy to go suss around for
them - maybe .edu is higher than .org.  .com & .net are definitely the
top two, though.