nanog mailing list archives

Re: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

From: John Hawkinson <jhawk () bbnplanet com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 16:31:14 -0400

while i appreciate you folk trying to be open and give us all some info, it
is not clear to me what you expect us to do with this info and therefore why
you post it.

Randy,

        I appreciate knowing when the authoritative nameservers for the root
zone, and for zones like .COM, .NET, .ORG, and .EDU change.

the only change that could occur that would require thought on my part would
seem to be if the iana announced a change of the ip address of one of the
root servers.  am i not understanding something?

Even in that case, thought would be pretty limited.

I think this is more useful than most of the mail to nanog.
On some level, it serves as a "be on the lookout for problems
that might inadvertantly result," as well.

--jhawk