nanog mailing list archives

Re: Root zone change -- d.gtld-servers.net

From: Austin Schutz <tex () off org>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:42:20 -0700

On Tue, Sep 19, 2000 at 06:47:29PM -0700, rdobbins () netmore net wrote:

What part of 'TLD' don't you understand?

He's talking about a change to the root zone of the entire DNS for the three
most widely-used TLDs.  That's information any responsible operator would
like to be apprised of in advance of the referenced change.

        Do you have statistics to back up the 'three most widely-used TLDs'
statement?

        According to www.netsizer.com, org isn't even in the top ten.
I'm not sure upon what they base their data, but I was unable to find
evidence to the contrary.

        Austin