nanog mailing list archives

Re: Out of band monitoring of equipment

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian () creative net au>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 05:02:29 +0800

On Tue, Nov 21, 2000, Rich Fulton wrote:

Curious if any operator uses, or have interest in using, out of band
network (e.g. modem, wireless etc.) for remote equipment (routers,
switches, HVAC etc.) monitoring over and above doing it in band on the
Internet.

curious if any operator _doesn't_ use some type of out-of-band network.

If operators won't tell you who they peer with, why do you expect them
to tell you something bad about themselves? :)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd                    "God: Damn! I left pot everywhere!
<adrian () creative net au>       Now I'll have to create Republicans!"