nanog mailing list archives

Re: Hi, we're from the government and we're here to help

From: Hal Murray <murray () pa dec com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 01:02:45 -0800

In the chemical industry, where failure to respond to a leak can result in
millions in liability, the chemical manufactures' association maintains a
24-hour number which will contact the appropriate company's response group.
Again, the contact information is actively verified.

Sounds like Sean and Ren should go get some funding for this, heck I'd
pay for it.  (It would still probably be cheaper than something like IPOPS
or CERT, which is not to completely dismiss those two organizations.)

This is something the alternate domain registration vendors could
do.  I'm thinking of:
  1) verify that the contact information they collect is accurate, and
  2) publish emergency contact info and/or an indication of when it
  is operational or what is considered an emergency.