nanog mailing list archives

RE: RBL-type BGP service for known rogue networks?

From: Joe Shaw <jshaw () insync net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 03:28:46 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 6 Jul 2000, Karyn Ulriksen wrote:

Christian,

   They are one of my DS3 providers and I have been doing business with them
for the past four years.  Their NOC staff is great and their customer
service has made great strides over the past year (since I no longer have to
beg, plead, and grovel to get things done).  But I have had problems with
their abuse department being (non)responsive.  You would think that pulling
a full DS3 and several T1's (and potentially pulling more from them) would
give me a leg to stand on with them!  I don't think that I have ever
received even acknowledgement on emails sent to abuse, I end up going
through my own channels in Exodus to get anything close to a remedy.

Karyn

UUNet's abuse department used to be the same way, especially during the
weekend.  If you wanted to annoy the piss out of a UUNet dedicated line
customer, the weekend was the time to do it.  I don't know if that's
changed now.
__
joseph w. shaw