nanog mailing list archives

Re: Customers down?

From: jlewis () lewis org
Date: Sat, 1 Jan 2000 01:10:27 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

Since 8am, we've seen a rising amount of customers going down.

It's been attributed to them turninf off thier equipment.

The local Bell Atlantic DSC claims that 'hundreds, maybe thousands of
circuits are down,' mostly due to customers turning stuff off.

I guess our customers aren't that silly.  I did notice some big sites down
though.  I tried to check a price with Tech Data earlier this evening and
found that www.techdata.com didn't exist.  Traceroute to their
nameserver(s)

techdata.com.           2D IN NS        NS1.techdata.com.
techdata.com.           2D IN NS        NS2.techdata.com.
NS1.techdata.com.       2D IN A         169.153.202.40
NS2.techdata.com.       2D IN A         169.153.202.41

ends in a CW routing loop suggesting TD shut off their connection for the
evening.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis () lewis org*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________