nanog mailing list archives

Re: CEF Load balancing...

From: "Neil J. McRae" <neil () domino org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 11:03:53 +0000

On Sun, 16 Jan 2000 20:02:48 +0100
 "Sykes, Phil" <phil.sykes () cweurope net> wrote:

 A sh cdp neighbors detailed at AMS-IX last week revealed that roughly half
of those running on 75xx/12xxx plaforms were running an IOS 12.0, mostly
12.0(5)S and newer.
 Slightly more than half of those on smaller Cisco platforms were also doing
so.

 Of course, this doesn't mean they're using 12.0 releases elsewhere, but
it's a fairly safe bet.

 There were some major players amongst those running 12.0, but I'm not sure
it would be terribly appropriate to name names.

If you need GSR power you really don't have a choice but to use 12.
We're running 11.1.CC25 on our 7500's because we've never seen a release
of 12 that works well with VIP2-50s.  YMMV. We're about to use 12 on
some new GSR boxes we have.

Regards,
Neil.
--