nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS

From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol () NorthShoreTechnologies net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 14:03:52 -0500

Paul Vixie's Mail Abuse Prevention System addresses this.

The MAPS Relayed Spam Stopper is similar to ORBS but *only lists
servers that are known to have been used to spam.*

It's not as proactive as ORBS. But there are a lot fewer false
positives. I'd venture to say that the actual number is very
close to zero. :)

Randy Bush wrote:

(* obviously not every system listed in ORBS has been used to forward
actual spam of course -- why even I have a test machine listed in there
for test purposes!  ;-)

what if there are systems blocked by orbs which are truely not mail relays,
for which there has never been evidence of mail relaying, from which spam
has never eminated, ...?

--
North Shore Technologies  http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net
888.480.4NET