nanog mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Administrivia: ORBS [LONG]

From: Randy Bush <randy () psg com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 16:13:30 -0800

or maybe the collocation provider sees security as THEIR business and
something THEY provide the customer.  and maybe they see folk from outside
'testing' their network to be similar to someone walking down the street
testing homeowners' doorknobs.

not that i agree with this position completely, but i can see how someone
might hold that opinion.  but your self-righteous hyperbole is rather over
the line.

This may come as a shock to many, but I agree with Randy.

If someone asks ORBS to stop probing, they should stop.

fyi, i did not say that was my personal opinion.  i said i could see that as
an understandable opinion held by someone else.  i do not (yet) know enough
to have an informed strong opinion on this one.

randy